FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX500 CAC Assistance Needed

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Price
HPX500 CAC Assistance Needed
on Mar 27, 2015 at 9:08:58 pm
Last Edited By Ben Price on Mar 27, 2015 at 9:26:57 pm

I'm having an issue that I can't seem to fix.

I have an HPX-500 with the bundled Fuji XA17X7.6 BERM-M58B. The image coming from the camera shows rather extreme chromatic aberration. I have confirmed that the CAC function is turned on and set in the 'LENS SETUP' menu to the proper lens. However, the problem persists.

In trying to troubleshoot the issue (using a BT-LH2600 monitor):
- I have tried reloading the CAC settings from the SD card.
- I have formatted a completely new SD card, downloaded the CAC settings from Panasonic for the lens, and loaded them onto the camera.
- I have reset the CAC settings to the camera default.
- I have tried the other default CAC lens settings and seen absolutely no change.

Nothing has made the chromatic aberration go away.

Nothing, that is, except for unplugging the lens' cable from the camera. That action completely corrects the chromatic aberration. Plugging the lens back in causes the CA to return.

I left to assume it's the CAC function that is actually CAUSING the chromatic aberration to occur in the image. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to turn off the CAC function.

Any assistance or insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

+++ UPDATE+++
Completely deleting the CAC file for the lens from the camera prevents the camera from automatically recognizing that the lens is attached and applying any CAC to the image. It is a dramatic improvement, but still leaves aberration visible.

- Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]