FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can an iPad be used as a Pansasonic HVX-200 Monitor?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
Can an iPad be used as a Pansasonic HVX-200 Monitor?
on Dec 7, 2014 at 10:58:30 am

I have a very tight budget and would like to see if I can use equipment I already have for a shoot in a couple of days I am curious if I can make my iPad work as a monitor with my Panasonic HVX 200 video camera. (a special program and special cables? or other options? Perhaps you have suggestions for inexpensive monitors with batteries for remote field shooting).

My dilemma:
I am having someone interview me (I am producing a series of pieces about my own experiences) and for the right shot they have to be away from the camera about 5-6 feet the opposite side of the HVX foldout monitor. We would need a 3rd person to manage this without a monitor. My problem is I tend to sway or move a bit left or right and change the framing composition. With a monitor in her lap she could just give me signals with her hand to lean back this or that direction. I was thinking I could place a mirror where I need to look at the proper angle with her image reflecting so I can see her---but she us still sitting at the camera viewing the foldout monitor. She would be small and not convincingly the real thing, so I have to "pretend" to be talking to her as the interviewer.
Dan

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Can an iPad be used as a Pansasonic HVX-200 Monitor?
on Dec 11, 2014 at 2:50:39 am

No it can not.

You will need the component breakout cable and any monitor that has a component input. You can find them fairly cheap on the internet.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]