FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Beaumont
Missing Footage
on Jun 21, 2014 at 11:43:51 pm
Last Edited By Jeff Beaumont on Jun 21, 2014 at 11:46:46 pm

I am editing a project and noticed that about 7 minutes of footage is missing from an otherwise continuous recording. The cameraman admits to kicking out the power cord during record but he thinks he only missed about 20 seconds of the event.
He didn't check the card before transferring so he did not repair the corrupted segment of the clip in camera. The card has been reformatted and reused since then so all I have to work with is the data that was transferred to a hard drive.
Premiere CS6, FCP 7 and FCPX don't see the missing 7 minutes but Panasonic P2 Viewer sees a clip with partial metadata and an NG over the thumbnail. Obviously a corrupted clip. I assume this is at least part of the missing footage.

My questions are, if the cameraman transfers the P2 data without changing the file structure back onto a formatted card is there any hope of "Repair Clip" still working? (I don't have a P2 camera otherwise I would try this myself)

Or is there a utility that repairs P2 file structure that would work on a hard drive (i.e. not on aP2 card) ?
TIA

Jeff Beaumont

Words, Images, Sound
jeff-beaumont.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: Missing Footage
on Jun 24, 2014 at 7:47:50 pm

Could give P2CMS. Not sure where it stands operating system wise but it used to do it when I was using P2 more regularly but that was a couple years ago.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

Jeff Beaumont
Re: Missing Footage
on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:54:17 am

Thanks, I tried it and it looks like it might have helped rescue the media from the card but since that is no longer available the only thing it did was show me the thumbnail of the missing media. More info than Premiere or FCP, but not what i needed.

As far as operating systems, P2CMS seems to work fine with Mavericks

Jeff Beaumont

Words, Images, Sound
jeff-beaumont.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]