FORUMS: list search recent posts

physically label P2 cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
physically label P2 cards
on Mar 1, 2014 at 9:14:25 pm

I have been using p-touch labels with good results. But our current work-flow requires frequent dumping to computers and reformatting and I need to label and erase the white back of the cards. I tried a permanent marker and it applying was fine but it took a bit of effort and an alcohol wipe to get the ink off. Is this the best choice or would another marker type work better? I was a little concerned that frequent use of alcohol would wear the shiny surface of the white square on the P2 cards.

It might have been that the marker I used was a little on the dry side not being a new marker.

I've heard dry erase mentioned but am concerned that that ink tends to smear easily.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Joel Freedman
Re: physically label P2 cards
on Mar 1, 2014 at 11:41:45 pm

The white space is basically a time dry erase board. You can use a marker like a sharpie, then write over the Sharpie with a Dry Erase marker and immediately wipe of with soft cloth.

Joel Freedman
http://www.2hungrydogs.com
twitter.com/2HungryDogs

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:57:24 am

So a dry erase marker will help dissolve the "permanent" ink? Alcohol does the trick too but may destroy the finish of the white board?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Mar 8, 2014 at 2:19:39 pm

Thanks - works like a charm. Got a set of very thin permanent markers and a thick dry erase marker and all is good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]