FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD output from QT7?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pruitt-Bruun
DVCPRO HD output from QT7?
on Oct 26, 2013 at 8:45:11 pm

i'm trying to find an inexpensive method for transcoding XDCam to DVCPRO HD for a client who doesn't want to deal with anything but DVCPRO HD. interlaced, no less. go figure.

i have Premiere Pro on my machine but haven't been able to figure out a path that way.

i have QT7, which i use along with a Calibrated Software app to be able to open the XDCam files i shoot. QT7 doesn't offer an full HD option right now in the settings menu. i'm wondering if there's a way to add the codec.

Apple Compressor doesn't seem to support DVCPRO HD output.

i don't know of FCPX would somehow allow me to transcode. i'm not an editor so i don't want to buy FCPX if i don't have to. but i will if there isn't an alternative.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: DVCPRO HD output from QT7?
on Oct 27, 2013 at 12:38:43 pm

Apple Compressor will export to DVCPROHD.

But I would use Adobe Pr.
Bring in the clips.
Match a sequence to the clips.
Export to AME.
Choose QT.
Choose the DVCPROHD codec.
Render.

OR

Skip Pr and drop clips right into AME.(Adobe Media Encoder)

Chris

Return to posts index

Michael Pruitt-Bruun
on Oct 27, 2013 at 4:12:25 pm

hey Chris,

thanks for your help! after downloading a trial version of FCPX (along with a couple of extra codecs for it) i found that QT7 will do the job. but it's not a very good interface for batch transcodes. thanks for the info about Compressor, i was about to download it and commit to the Apple path and pay my money for FCPX. but then i found a reference to Adobe Media Encoder and realized i could use that. it tested just fine and works well for batch transcodes. i wonder though if it's relying on the QT codecs that are installed with FCPX, and if so, what happens when the trial period runs out.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Oct 27, 2013 at 5:58:52 pm

I believe you get those codecs with the Adobe suite.

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]