FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot offload micro P2 through camera USB host mode

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Thompson
Cannot offload micro P2 through camera USB host mode
on Jul 22, 2013 at 7:55:24 pm

I was on the road with my updated HPX250, one "old" 64GB P2 card and one "new" micro P2 in adapter. When I went to offload the cards to an external disk via the camera's USB HOST mode the camera would only allow me to select the slot with the old-style card. Nothing I did would let me select the micro P2 card slot.

I have not seen any mention of this issue as a limitation but is it or is there something I need to be doing differently? It seems silly that I could not dump micro P2 cards in this manner. I don't want to have to lug around a computer or other piece of gear in the field just to offload this card.

Richard Thompson
T4 Media

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Cannot offload micro P2 through camera USB host mode
on Jul 23, 2013 at 11:46:39 pm

Make sure your HPX-250 firmware is the latest and that your computer has the latest P2 card driver.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Richard Thompson
Re: Cannot offload micro P2 through camera USB host mode
on Jul 24, 2013 at 3:34:12 am

Thank you.

Please note the original post said I had the latest firmware and that my problem was offloading from the camera directly to an external hard drive; no computer is involved. The older style P2 cards are offloadable to the directly-connected HD via USB HOST mode from the camera but I cannot offload from the SDP2/Adapter card.

Richard Thompson
T4 Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]