FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems copying Content-folder from P2 card to a folder in "Finder"

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eirik Friestad
Problems copying Content-folder from P2 card to a folder in "Finder"
on Jun 29, 2013 at 6:28:09 pm

Hi, everyone!

I have shot some video on a 64 GB P2 card on my Panasonic HPX250EJ camera. Now, I want to copy the files from the P2 card to the hard drive on my iMac so I can import the footage for editing. But everytime I try to copy the "Content"- folder to the hard drive, a errormessage pops up saying " Finder cannot complete this operation because some information in "" can not be read or written. (Errorcode -36) " (Translated form Norwegian). This happens every time when there is about 30 minutes left of the transfer.
Is there a solution to this problem? What has happened? The final destination for these Media-files is Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. Is there another easier way to import media files to this editing software?

I don't have any problem copying the Content-folder from other P2 cards, only this one.

Please help!

E.

Return to posts index

Eirik Friestad
Re: Problems copying Content-folder from P2 card to a folder in "Finder"
on Jul 2, 2013 at 9:21:51 pm

I am so happy! I managed to fix the problem myself. The solution was to copy the subfolders from the P2 card onto the harddrive one by one, and then "drag-and-drop" the subfolders into to an empty "Contents"- folder. I still had some problems copying the "Video"-folder from the P2 card, so there I actually had to copy the files one by one.

E.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]