FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Card Issues when one fills up and switches to the other.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Somppi
P2 Card Issues when one fills up and switches to the other.
on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:17:09 pm

Hi!

First time post here.

I've been videotaping a Robins nest and putting 2 64 GB cards into my Panasonic HPX 250, and hitting record for 2 hours.

After the 2 hours or so, the camera says that both cards are full. I try to import the video into Adobe Premiere, and the first hour goes great, but there is a jump in video like it skipped some time to the 2nd card, and also the second card in thumbnail view has a pink exclamation point, and premiere shows only about 2 minutes of video, but if you playback in the camera the whole video is there.

My 2 questions are, why is there a jump in the video from the full card to the next card? What should the setting be at? Also why is there that pink box with an exclamation point in the playback mode?

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
Re: P2 Card Issues when one fills up and switches to the other.
on Jun 11, 2013 at 8:30:06 pm

I will apologize in advance if you already accounted for this...

The exclamation mark means that the clip is spanned between two cards. Once the first card is filled (assuming a continuous recording) the recording is continued on the 2nd card. If you are importing the contents of each card separately and then grabbing all the clips and tossing them onto the timeline you are actually repeating the final clip of the first card as Premiere takes into account the spanned clip. So, just select ALL the clips from the first card and all BUT the first clip from the 2nd card.

Return to posts index

Brent Somppi
on Jun 11, 2013 at 8:39:54 pm

Ok, some more questions popped up.

I have the camera set on "once clip record", so when I import to Premiere, there is only 1 thumbnail on each card. So if I do what you're saying to do, i still run into having only an hour of video (from the first card) and nothing from the second.

Is the "one clip record" causing the problem?

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:10:47 pm

One clip record is really meant for joining record start/stops as a single clip. It sounds more like you set the camera up, hit record and then filled the cards. There may be an issue with trying to use one clip record. What codec and frame size are you recording to?

Return to posts index

Brent Somppi
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:20:21 pm

Ok, I figured it out! What you need to do is change the "View As" in Premiere from P2 to File Directory. Then 8-10 pieces of video come up and just slap all of them behind the video from the first card.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]