FORUMS: list search recent posts

AG HVX200A live video feed question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hunter
AG HVX200A live video feed question
on Apr 14, 2013 at 1:41:00 pm

I don't see the AG HVX200A listed anymore at Creative Cow but I hope this Forum is populated with some AG HVX200A experts, too.

I have the European PAL version of the AG HVX200A.

I have been requested to show up in Vienna with this camera to feed an exhibition room setup (have no technical specs). I have been told the tech for the event says I need to bring about 75 feet of HD-SDI cable.

I can rent that in Vienna but will have to do so before I can see the other side of the equation.

So, all I know on my end is that the AG HVX200A has RCA output composite video. The itty-bitty 1394 output does not look substantial enough to use.

I don't know that I will get to talk to the house tech before I have to order the connection components.

Therefore, I am appealing to those of you who have done this frequently in the field.

From my camera composite video RCA plug it looks like I would need to rent something along the lines of an AJA HD10AVA

"SD/HD Analog Composite or Component Video & 4-Channel Analog Audio to SD/HD-SDI with Embedded Audio" the AJA blurb says

It is my presumption that this could take my lowly composite RCA connecting cables, left and right audio as well, and make it all nice and pretty for output to the HD-SDI cable.

And that if I have to go no more than 75 feet then attenuation is not much to fight.

I see reference on the AJA HD10AVA to a dip switch setting, which I am also unfamiliar with.

If you were ordering from a well-equipped Professional Video rental place that deals almost exclusively in PAL productions and HD European wide screen monitors what kind of package would you advise would handle this job?

Supposedly my only responsibility is to get video (and maybe audio) from the AG HVX200A into an HD-SDI cable which the technician takes and does his job from that point to feed it to the house monitors. I suppose I should request various barrel connectors to take care of unexpected mis-matches.

I always shoot straight to P2 cards but I am guessing that the chosen camera recording format should not have an impact on this composite video out?

How should the Camera be setup so that I KNOW that at least 720p is coming out of the Composite connector?

Thank you for some grizzled, battle-hardened professional help!

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: AG HVX200A live video feed question
on Apr 14, 2013 at 2:31:44 pm

Well, your composite out is going to be down-converted SD signal.
Confirm the other end is not wanting/needed and HD signal, since it's SDI, it might very well be.
How about renting a HPX170 instead?
SDI out, good to go.

Chris

Return to posts index

David Hunter
on Apr 15, 2013 at 7:14:19 am

Thanks for your reply, Chris.

We are investigating the rental. Had hoped not to spend more money, but using our own camera doesn't look feasible for this job.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Apr 17, 2013 at 3:17:38 am

[David Hunter] "How should the Camera be setup so that I KNOW that at least 720p is coming out of the Composite connector?"

You will NEVER get a 720p signal from the Composite out.

The HVX200 has a Component output. That will give you an HD (720p/1080i) signal. You have the option to go Component into a switcher or get a Component to HD-SDI converter.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]