FORUMS: list search recent posts

AG-HPX500P not compatible with the AJ-VF20WBP viewfinder

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Peacock
AG-HPX500P not compatible with the AJ-VF20WBP viewfinder
on Apr 12, 2013 at 3:45:30 am

I have not been able to get these 2 to work together. The viewfinder produces a fine image when the camera is set to any of the SD acquisition formats. When the HPX-500 is set to record any of the HD formats, the image in the viewfinder becomes quite small, and with a large black border on all sides.

Nothing I've done has changed this - eg : cycling camera up and down, swapping between 50 and 60 Hz, removing battery and re-attaching. Before I send the camera/viewfinder pair back to NJ for bench checkout, does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this? The camera continues to work normally with it's original 1.5" viewfinder. I am sure I have the right viewfinder for upgrading purposes on this camera. What might have I overlooked?

Grant.

Grant Peacock
Grant Peacock Images
Washington DC
http://www.gpi.tv

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: AG-HPX500P not compatible with the AJ-VF20WBP viewfinder
on Apr 15, 2013 at 12:35:32 am

The HPX500 does not output HD from the viewfinder connection, and since it's an SD feed you're viewing you might try adjusting the downconvert mode on the camera (letterbox / squeeze / crop) and see if that makes a difference in what you see in the VF.

I do think it makes a difference on the flip-out LDC panel, so perhaps it affects the viewfinder as well... but I've only got the stock VF so I'm just guessing here.

-Adam

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]