FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to fix HPX 3700 stuck pixel?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Argentine
how to fix HPX 3700 stuck pixel?
on Apr 10, 2013 at 7:41:43 pm

I just noticed that all of our footage shot several months ago has a single stuck pixel, not very noticeable luckily. I pulled out the camera yesterday and took a new shot. That stuck pixel is gone but in its place is another in the center of the frame. Anyone know how I can get rid of it on the 3700? I found an old varicam post saying to go into the settings and select something like "all data clear" and then black balancing, but I can't find a setting like that in the 3700's manual.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
Re: how to fix HPX 3700 stuck pixel?
on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:14:43 pm

Per,

We have a HPX2000 and had this issue a number of years ago. Don't know if the procedure is similar, but I have a 8 page doc that walked us thru "blemish" removal for that sensor. If you have an e-mail address I can send that to you as a starting point.

Return to posts index

Per Argentine
on Apr 11, 2013 at 7:05:24 pm

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick!

Just in case someone else has the same problem here's the quick fix (there are more things to try if this doesn't work):

Set White Balance switch to PRST
Set Shutter switch to OFF (on the front of the camera)
Close Iris
There's a switch on the front of the camera with ABB, flick it to ABB and let it cycle til it says ABB OK.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 12, 2013 at 1:16:19 am

You should "Black Balance" every time you change recording formats.

See pic from manual:

Chris

Return to posts index

David Garraway
on Mar 25, 2015 at 3:56:36 pm

Jim-

I'd like to get a copy of the blemish removal procedure for the HPX 2000. My email is David dot Garraway at msstate dot edu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]