FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVI to Panasonic Mixer Issue

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Skrobowski
DVI to Panasonic Mixer Issue
on Mar 20, 2013 at 2:57:32 pm

Hi, I am using a Panasonic HD video mixer, and I am experiencing issues when trying to feed a DVI signal into it.

This is my situation. I am trying to feed a computer video output into the mixer. The computer is about 100ft. away.... I am taking a video feed out of the computer via HDMI, running the signal over Cat6 cable with HDMI to Cat6 baluns, and feeding the video signal into the Panasonic mixer with an HDMI to DVI cable (from the receiving balun). The mixer is not recognizing the video signal coming from that transmission line.

I know that the Computer---HDMI M/M cable---balun (HDMI to Cat6...converter)---Cat6 cable M/M---balun---HDMI to DVI M/M cable setup works because I tested it on a computer monitor and a HDTV. I know that the DVI jack on the mixer works because it recognizes a DVI signal coming from a desktop computer DVI output. I also know that the HDMI to DVI M/M cable works with the mixer because we tested it with a short run from the same computer that has to be set up about 100ft. from the mixer. My problem is getting the mixer to recognize the feed that is coming from the balun/converter setup.

Here is the equipment that I am using:

Windows 7 Computer --> HDMI male/male cable --> Sima XCAT-6REC HDMI over Cat6 Cable Transmitter --> Pearstone 100' Cat6 Snagless Patch Cable M/M --> Sima XCAT-6REC HDMI over Cat6 Cable Receiver --> HDMI to DVI-D M/M cable --> Panasonic AW-HS50N HD video switcher DVI-D jack

I don't understand why the mixer will not accept a good video signal. What am I missing? If anybody has any tips or advice, I would really appreciate them being shared.

Also, if anybody knows of a more appropriate forum to post this on, I would appreciate you sharing that as well.

Thanks in Advance,

Return to posts index

Mark Walleman
Re: DVI to Panasonic Mixer Issue
on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:12:33 am

First thing is to confirm your resolution. What format is your switcher in and what format is your source set as?

It may also be your frame rate setting on your pc. I have the HS-410 and have noted that the switcher can be rather picky in that regard as well.

Does your monitor indicate the video resolution and frame rate when you test with it?

Mark D. Walleman
Relay House Inc.

Return to posts index

Daniel Skrobowski
on Mar 22, 2013 at 9:41:44 pm

Hello Mark, thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure that our switcher is operating at 1080i-59.94...that is what our output format is set to. I'm of the impression, however, that the mixer auto-detects and adjusts...for the type of signal that is coming into it through the DVI port. Is that true?

The display port on the PC that we're using is an HDMI display port set at 60Hz and operating at 1920 x 1080 P....

I think the monitor does say.... I will check next time I test it....

Looking over the specifications for this unit ( To double check me....), I still don't quite understand why this setup wouldn't work.

I very much appreciate any advice that I can get.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Walleman
on Mar 23, 2013 at 1:07:44 am

Being that the same pc works while connected locally to the switcher. Process of elimination dictates that you swap out your HDMI converters with another make/model. I haven't used any in the ethernet realm being that my experience revolves mainly around fiber optic converters.

Could you try changing your switcher, as well as your PC output to 720p and try it that way?

Another test could be to try your same setup but locally, with a 10-20ft ethernet cable between your converters. While the signal output may be enough for your monitor, it might not be for your switcher input.

Mark D. Walleman
Relay House Inc.

Return to posts index

Daniel Skrobowski
on Mar 26, 2013 at 2:13:04 pm

Hello Mark,

Thanks again for that advice. I tried the setup with shorter ethernet cables, and it works. The impedance on that mixer must be high compared to the monitor that I tested it on.

Are there any Cat6 cable brands that you would recommend that allow a stronger signal to pass through.... I'm not sure by how much I can reduce the distance that our cables have to run.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]