FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC footage in PAL project

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graeme Ring
NTSC footage in PAL project
on Mar 12, 2013 at 7:42:01 pm

I was just handed the media for a documentary - all original P2 file structures - and while the majority of footage was shot in 1080p 25 (DVCPRO HD 1080p30) , there are a few reels of 1080p24 (DVCPRO HD 1080p25) that need to be converted to match the rest of the footage (delivery is in 25p)

My head is swimming as I try to make sense of what is my best option for conforming the footage shot at 24 to be friendly with the footage and sequence at 25. I understand that hardware conversion is the way to go, but the quotes I am getting from post houses in Toronto are way beyond what is in the budget, so I have to go with a software option. Ideally I'd like to end up with DVCPRO HD1080p25 files, but I'd appreciate any input on what to do, or if there is a tutorial that I've missed that covers this please point me in that direction.

Thanks!

_graeme

Return to posts index

Philip Merten
Re: NTSC footage in PAL project
on Mar 12, 2013 at 8:23:44 pm

If by any chance you're editing in Premiere, you can mix and match all those clips on the same timeline and it will play it without any problem..

Return to posts index

Graeme Ring
on Mar 13, 2013 at 12:53:43 am

Working in Final Cut Pro 7. Really stumped here!

Return to posts index

Philip Merten
on Mar 13, 2013 at 1:12:47 am

You can download Premiere from Adobe's web site, to try for 30 days. They have a Mac version too..

Return to posts index

Graeme Ring
on Mar 13, 2013 at 1:18:20 am

I have Adobe Premiere but it isn't my decision to make, this is a documentary being edited in Final Cut Pro...

Return to posts index

Marcus van Bavel
on Mar 24, 2013 at 3:26:22 am

After you convert the 1080-24p footage to quicktime, either by using Log & Transfer or Raylight for Mac, it can then be converted to 1080-25P by using DVFilm Atlantis. The result should then intercut OK with your 1080-25P footage.

DVFilm Atlantis for Mac: http://dvfilm.com/atlantis/macversion.htm
Raylight for Mac: http://dvfilm.com/raylight/mac/index.htm

Marcus van Bavel, DVFilm

Raylight Decoder plays Apple DVCPROHD in Windows
dvfilm.com/raylight/decoder

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]