FORUMS: list search recent posts

I get no Video Signal when connecting HVX200 to AG-HPG20

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arvin Gonzalez
I get no Video Signal when connecting HVX200 to AG-HPG20
on Feb 8, 2013 at 6:10:58 am

i tried connecting my HVX200 to the AG-HPG20 P2Gear via Analog Composite cable but the P2Gear doesnt display any video.
i tried connecting the HPX500 via SDI cable and it works.
I have made sure that Recording Setups match, but i still dont get any video on the P2Gear.
Isnt it supposed to work if i connect via SD Signal?

Help.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: I get no Video Signal when connecting HVX200 to AG-HPG20
on Feb 12, 2013 at 12:56:04 am

How are you connecting the two components? The HVX200 does not have SDI outputs. It does have both SD and HD analog outputs through the component cable. The "yellow" RCA jack is SD analog only. Is your other device set for analog input? You mention that it works with SDI but is it set up for composite analog as well? If you are going out of the component cable on the HVX200, is the output set for composite SD and not HD in the camera menu?

Can you explain your setup in a bit more detail?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Arvin Gonzalez
on Feb 12, 2013 at 2:53:46 am

I just connect the the HVX200 directly to the Panasonic AG-HPG20 "P2Gear" via the RCA to BNC cable that I got from Bestbuy.
The Video Input on the back of the P2Gear says "HD/SD-SDI" so I assumed the SD connection would work. But I dont get any signal on the P2Gear, but when I connect the HVX200 via RCA to BNC to the AJ-SD93 Deck, the use the SDI and connect it to the P2Gear then it works.
I have tried several cameras using the SD Signal directly to the P2Gear but I never got the Video to work.
Only when I course the Analog Video thru the AJ-SD93 and use the SDI connections, then it would work.
So Im guessing its the P2Gear that has a problem. But the brochure and the Manual of the P2Gear claims that SD should work.
Is there a specific Settings on the AG-HPG20 that im missing for it to work with the SD Video Signal?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:44:02 pm

There are probably no problems with your gear, but there is a problem with the way you're connecting it together. You are taking a composite analog signal out of your HVX200 and trying to input it to your reader/HD's digital input. The SD/HD-SDI input is purely a digital input. The SD just indicates that that jack can accept either a standard or a high definition digital signal. That unit doesn't appear to have an analog input unless there is a setting in the menu that can select either SD or HD. Take a look in your manual and see if there is a setting to change the input from digital to analog. There is also a Firewire input so you might be able to transfer from the camera to the HD through a Firewire cable. Again, take a look at your manual for that information.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:51:21 pm

A quick glance at the manual for the AG-HPG20 seems to indicate that it does not accept analog video at all. Just digital.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Arvin Gonzalez
on Feb 13, 2013 at 11:39:53 pm

So my real question is how can i connect my HVX200 to the AG-HPG20 if i want to record of from the AG-HPG20?
I cant use the 1394 or USB, as I need a certain distance between both devices.
And my temporary solution was to connect the HVX200 via an analog cable to the AJ-SD93 then out from that via SDI and in to the AG-HPG20.
Is there any other way to do this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]