FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip repair & Clip Re-connect

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nino Herr
Clip repair & Clip Re-connect
on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:54:59 pm

Hi All,

I am hoping you are able to help me with the following questions.

We have a few HPX-372 cameras and I would like to know what the following functions in the THUMBNAILS> OPERATION menu actually do:

1. Re-connect clip
2. Repair Clip

On several occasions some of our camera men have decided to do a battery pull whilst still recording. (Most stupid mistake known to man) The clip that they are recording during the time is obviously corrupted, as the file is not "closed off" correctly.

Would a "Repair Clip" fix this type of problem? And in your experience, what are the limitations to clip repair and re-connect clip?

Hope anyone is able to clear this up for me!

Thanks a mill
Nino

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Clip repair & Clip Re-connect
on Feb 6, 2013 at 1:10:46 am

If you have a Red X on the thumbnail, you can repair the clip. P2 cards close the file every 2 seconds while recording. If repairable, the most you would lose is 2 seconds from a clip.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Nino Herr
on Feb 6, 2013 at 9:57:10 am

Thanks Steve,

It is comforting to know that the clip is saved every 2 seconds.

Do you know what constitutes a clip that is repairable as opposed to one that is not? ie What can/cant happen in order for the clip to be repairable?

Do you also know what precisely the repair clip function does? Ie does it re-write the lastclip.txt file with the correct info, whcih then in turn allows the cmaera to read the file again?

Hope you can help!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 10, 2013 at 2:38:09 am

There are 2 indications. Yellow X means the clip can be repaired. RED X can NOT be repaired.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]