FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Mini - Are the drivers ready from Panasonic?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Maloney
P2 Mini - Are the drivers ready from Panasonic?
on Jan 19, 2013 at 11:00:35 pm

Hi All,

I'm mulling the next move within the P2 ecosystem.

I am having a great time with my Sony FS700 for portrait interviews It replaced the very hand AF102 which performed very well. I Also shot shot a great Series of "Big Australia" last year for worldwide release with my HPX3000.

I also have a PVMF800 which is used for production of Masterchef and "Australia's got talent" for production companies who are slaves to media to put on the shelf.

I want to let go the HPX 3000 ( Heavy/no colour viewfinder/ heavy /no slo motion/ heavy ) and am considering the HPX600 ( probably 602 in our market ) or the Sony 350 camcorder.

I'm interested to leave the unwieldy card readers ( PCD20 - firewire 800 hogtied at delivery by poor panasonic implementation and Sonnet QIO ) - behind. I like what I see with the P2 Mini form factor should just slot into my macbook pro ( i7 2.6 Mac OS10.6.8 )

I like the potential alignment of SDCARD form factor cards across nearly all my cameras

The big question is will all the mac drivers from Panasonic be ready for my Mini P2 future?

I'll need to see the cards, reformat the cards, rename the cards etc using the various utilities and I'll want to see 64Bit support. I will not be purchasing if there is patchy support for my Mac based work flow as demonstrated with P2 so far.

I really like the bullet proof recording attributes of AVC - Intra 100. I don't like the Sony Codecs and weird codec re wrapping etc in NLE's needed to support the 350 camera - but its an outstanding imager.

The Sony ( albeit convoluted ) ecosystem does however track forward with Macintosh and man those sxs cards off load fast!!!

Watcha got Panasonic to invite me to stay in the P2 world?

Best

Tim Maloney
Axis Films Australia

Tim Maloney
Managing Director
Axis Films Melbourne Australia
tim@axisfilms.com.au

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: P2 Mini - Are the drivers ready from Panasonic?
on Jan 20, 2013 at 5:14:00 pm

Current P2 drivers are very solid with current Mac OS When mini P2 delivers, I am sure there will be support. What is even better than AVC-Intra is AVC-Ultra. You will get that future proof if you moved to the HPX-600.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]