FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spanned file segment whereabouts?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Gibson
Spanned file segment whereabouts?
on Jan 1, 2013 at 4:33:37 pm

Have a P2 file with the 'pink exclamation mark' (indicating a spanned file) that will not ingest in its entirety. Have tried:
• repairing clip in camera (and get a 'No Repair Clip:OK' message).
• using FCP Log & Transfer (and unchecked the Remove Advanced Pulldown preference)
• using P2CMS (it ingests only the first part of the spanned file)
• manually searching for the spanned clip on the second P2 card in the Contents/Clip folder (it's not there)

So.... where the heck does the P2 system store the spanned file and how can I find it? This is one of the nightmare scenarios I envisioned when pondering the move to 'tapeless'. Are there options I haven't considered for recovering/restoring the fragmented file?

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
Re: Spanned file segment whereabouts?
on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:30:49 pm

Shouldn't the other part of the spanned file be on the other P2 card? I thought that's how it worked - you have two cards while you're recording, you fill one, the recording doesn't stop, but continues on the second card. Then using shot put pro for example, you ingest the data from both cards. Next, you go to say FCP 7 and do a log and transfer. You select the folders created by shot put pro - both of them. Once you begin the transfer, it recognizes both parts of the spanned file and creates one clip that you'll find in the browser.
If you don't have access to the other card - or at least it's data, I'm not sure what you would do to get the other part of the spanned file. You might just be out of luck.

-Grant Gomm
http://www.grantgomm.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]