FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to Upgrade Stock lens on Panasonic AG-HPX370

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stephens
Want to Upgrade Stock lens on Panasonic AG-HPX370
on Dec 26, 2012 at 3:29:14 pm

After quite a bit of readying and testing, we have decided that the stock lens that came with our Panasonic AG-HPX370 is really holding that camera back. I guess that should not be a surprise considering the aggressive price on the camera - lens package.

I am looking for any avail advice on 1/3" upgraded lens for the Panasonic AG-HPX370. I tried to contact Panasonic, but their "support" and sales people must be taking the week off.

As I consider this camera to be a "B" camera that will will replace with full size images in the not too distant future, we still would like to improve the performance of this package with less mushy images with the lens open.

I do see an lens on B&H : Fujinon - XT17sx45BRMK1 17x 4.5mm HD ENG Lens. Does anybody have experience with that lens with the Fujinon - XT17sx45BRMK1 17x 4.5mm HD ENG Lens.

My goal is sharper performance when the lens is open wider, VS. just better wide angle options.

Return to posts index

ryan early
Re: Want to Upgrade Stock lens on Panasonic AG-HPX370
on Dec 30, 2012 at 12:31:05 am

I think thats a good idea. In my experience replacing the stock lens with nicer glass really increased the performance of the camera and it will give you better performance when close to wide open. I was ready to get rid of our 300 a year ago but I picked up a nice hd wide angle and the quality jump gave me an extra year of work out of it. I really love the images I am getting now with it. As I said below we don't try to get dslr like dof but you will get nicer shallow dof with a better lens where the stock Lens would look soft. when I shot a test with it and played it back in the edit suite I couldn't believe it was the same camera, that stock lens really does hold it back. I'd expect to pay 2-3000 second hand. Not a huge market for 1/3 inch lenses so you could be lucky.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]