FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing Advanced Pulldown

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Smith
Removing Advanced Pulldown
on Dec 12, 2012 at 6:36:45 pm

I know this has been posted a thousand times over the years, but I cannot find the answer to this: After the footage has been logged and transferred off of the P2 cards and I know longer have the raw P2 file structure, how can the advanced pull-down be removed so the audio is in sync?

I tried FCP 7 in Tools-Remove Advanced Pulldown but that did not work. It stated that the footage was not DVC-PRO HD... but it is. I have also tried transcoding to no avail.

I've got 720p 24p footage in a 60 container.

On a side note I dont quite understand why Panasonic did this. I work in an environment where several people are using cameras and settings change from user to user sometimes. I realize if shot in native it isn't a problem, but why offer a setting that would pose issues? We have since changed policy to dump RAW P2 structure files, thereby bypassing this issue but adding another step in post.

Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Removing Advanced Pulldown
on Dec 14, 2012 at 5:19:06 pm

Several people like the look of 24p, but still need to deliver either 720p 59.94 masters (ABC for example takes this as a master format), or they need to master to 1080i 29.97. So they want the 24p look, but need the 60fps or 30fps frame rate to deliver. THAT'S why it exists.

After you capture you can remove pulldown with Cinema Tools. Which exact setting? I don't know, you'll have to play around and test all the options to see which one works.

And NEVER discard the raw shoot files. That's like throwing away your tapes after you capture. Archive the CONTENTS file and LASTCLIP.txt...those are your master tapes!

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]