FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question for Shotput Pro Users

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael W. Towe
Question for Shotput Pro Users
on Nov 11, 2012 at 8:48:55 pm

Have any of you Shotput Pro users noticed a huge slow down in Lion or Mountain Lion? I used to be able to offload a 32gig card in about 35 minutes in Snow Leopard. Since moving to Lion, and now Mountain Lion, I'm up to over an hour to offload a 32gig card. And a 64gig is up to about 2 to 2.5 hours. It's making it darn near unusable.

Thanks in advance,

Michael W. Towe
President M2 Digital Post
http://www.m2digitalpost.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Question for Shotput Pro Users
on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:33:11 am

There are a lot of factors that go into offloading times. Hard drive speed and connection type are a couple.

Contact Imagine Products and tell them your system specs to see what is causing the slowdown.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Laura Smith
on Mar 4, 2013 at 7:51:43 am

Hello,

We're using version 4 of Shotput pro. I just transferred a 104GB SSD card to two Mini G raids, Shotput pro state 'completed' on both Mini G raids. One of the mini G raids matched to 104GB with the SSD card, however, one was completely off at 76GB. why would Shotput pro say it was completed when it was not fully transferred. Do we need to get an updated version of Shotput?

Any suggestions much appreciated,

Laura

Return to posts index

Wolf Austad
on Mar 12, 2013 at 12:35:08 am

Yes, there was a massive slowdown with ShotPut 4 and Lion and Mountain Lion. Not sure entirely if it was a version of ShotPut or a version of OSX, but doesn't matter now.

I just downloaded ShotPut 5 and the speed increase is just flat out massive! OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Full 16GB CF card with C300 footage downloaded and fully verified with MD5 checksum to two drives in 3 minutes 45 seconds. That's with Sandisk 600X cards. RED 16GB card (with C300 footage) took 3 min 16 sec. Not so fast with P2, yet, but maybe some day...? 600x SD UHS-1 cards from my 5Dmk3 goes almost the same speed as the CF card mentioned so the mini P2 thingy SD card they are talking about might be quite useful...?

Aasulv Wolf Austad, fnf
Director of Photography
Los Angeles based

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]