FORUMS: list search recent posts

SELLING THE HVX 200: What would you Charge?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Sutherland
SELLING THE HVX 200: What would you Charge?
on Nov 7, 2012 at 11:24:10 pm

Hi there,

I've been using a Panasonic HVX 200 for the past year or so, and I believe it's time I get with the times and buy a DSLR.

I've been told there's still legitimate uses for the HVX in today's world, and that I could probably sell it for a fair price. If memory serves me, I bought the following:

- the camera
- 2 working, functional batteries
- 32 gig P2 Card
- 16 gig P2 Card
- Pelican Case
- the manual
- the cables and controller that originally came with the cam

for $3500

Since buying it, I've bought two more batteries and another 32 gig card, all for $330

So ideally I want to sell everything together for a good price, hopefully break even for what I bought all this for.

questions:
1) Would $4000 be too much?
2) What would you charge?
3) What are the best spots to advertise my camera besides craigstlist and Mandy.com?

Thanks!
Gerry

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: SELLING THE HVX 200: What would you Charge?
on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:21:20 pm

You can pick the 200 on ebay for around $1-2k on ebay these days. That being said, I imagine $4k is way to much. You're better off keeping it unless you really want to part with it. From there, you're most likely looking at how quickly you want to sell it vs how much you want to get. That is, unless you really have an interested buyer. With the newer p2 cards coming out, the only thing I'd see of a selling point is really the case, and even then, I wouldn't pay over $1500 for everything. I'd look at e-bay and also the personal classifieds here on the cow.
Sorry, hope this helps

Tim

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
Re: SELLING THE HVX 200: What would you Charge?
on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:07:28 pm

Not worth more than $2500 and that price will fall every month because its an outdated camera and P2 cards are getting cheaper. A year from now, I'd say $1800 so either sell it now or keep it forever.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]