FORUMS: list search recent posts

Format mismatch HPX170 1080pA clips into FCP timeline

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Sibbald
Format mismatch HPX170 1080pA clips into FCP timeline
on Nov 6, 2012 at 3:28:59 am

I'm fairly new to the mysterious world of codecs and it seems to be proving a minefield. I'm an HPX170 user and shooting 1080 24pA and then using Raylight to remove the 2:3:3:2 pulldown during the re-wrapping process.

In FCP, I'm using the suggested preset for 1080 24pA which cites a compressor setting of DVCPRO HD 1080p30. When I try to drag the clip into the timeline it says there is a mismatch--that the clip does not match the preset and I have the option to change the sequence setting to match the clip settings or not. FCP advises that one change the sequence to match the clip property, and so if I opt to change that sequence setting, when I look at the sequence specs the one thing that has changed is that now the sequence setting is DVCPRO HD 1080i60.

That is, it appears from this that despite having checked the box in Raylight to remove the pulldown, this has failed and clip is still interlaced over 60. And indeed when one looks at the clip properties the clip is identified as DVCPRO HD 1080i60.

What am I doing wrong and what do I do to get the pulldown properly removed and make my 1080pA shot footage progressive?

Or is there something fundamental I'm missing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]