FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best IR filter for use with HPX370

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
Best IR filter for use with HPX370
on Oct 14, 2012 at 7:52:03 pm

While I would take recommendations for any IR filters anyone uses that they love, I am specifically looking for ones that people have used with the 370. I just did a shoot outside and the footage looks like it has some IR contamination. I have no way of knowing but I suspect that is the problem. Anyone have any recommendations for the future?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Best IR filter for use with HPX370
on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:08:39 pm

OK, I'll bite. IR contamination? I've seen UV effects on video but IR? The only IR filters I'm familiar with are used in still photography and are nearly opaque. Most if not all professional video cameras ( and still cameras for that matter) have an IR cut filter in place over the CCD blocks to stop IR from hitting the sensors. To shoot using IR, most cameras need to have the IR cut filter actually removed.
What effects are you seeing that you believe are being caused by excess infrared?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:12:24 pm

Some colors look a bit muddy.

What would be signs of UV contamination - what would change in the image?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Oct 24, 2012 at 2:51:03 pm

It could show us as a blueish cast over the picture. Possible cause it to look a bit washed out. Usually a clear UV filter can eliminate the problem. A circular polarizer can help as well.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Oct 24, 2012 at 10:18:28 pm

Definitely not the case here even though I was shooting outside. I really think it has to do with IR.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]