FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to transfer P2 Files from HPX 170 to Laptop via USB port? Converter needed?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce MacKown
How to transfer P2 Files from HPX 170 to Laptop via USB port? Converter needed?
on Oct 6, 2012 at 8:38:29 pm

I have been transferring P2 files onto a Mac since I bought my HPX 170 a few years ago through the Mac's firewire port.

The hard drive on the Mac crashed so I replaced it with a cheap Toshiba laptop which doesn't have a firewire input, just USB ports.

If I understand correctly, there is no USB to firewire adapter, and that I need to get a converter of some sort.

Does anybody know what kind of converter I need and where I can get one so I can transfer P2 files from my HPX 170 to my laptop via a USB port.

Thanks guys!

Bruce

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: How to transfer P2 Files from HPX 170 to Laptop via USB port? Converter needed?
on Oct 6, 2012 at 8:53:23 pm

The manual describes this step by step. You need to set the camera to USB Device.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Bruce MacKown
Re: How to transfer P2 Files from HPX 170 to Laptop via USB port? Converter needed?
on Oct 7, 2012 at 9:22:09 pm

Steve, thanks for the quick reply.

I was misled by an employee at Fry's electronics who assured me that a firewire device couldn't plug into a USB port.

My next question is what kind of cable/adapter is available?

I googled "Firewire 1394 6 Pin Male to USB male cable" and I can't find any here in the US. I found a 1394/USB connecter but a cable would be alot more useful.

Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

Jim Carswell
on Oct 8, 2012 at 9:04:39 pm

Your camera already has a Type mini B connector (USB ver.2.0). You don't need an additional cable or adapter. If you have the proper USB cable you are good to go.

Jim

Jim Carswell
Spyhop Productions, Inc.
Savannah, GA
http://www.spyhopproductions.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 8, 2012 at 10:04:09 pm

Get a Type A to Mini B USB cable.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]