p2 in fcp x

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Carroccio
p2 in fcp x
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:20:45 pm

Hello,

having problems with certain clips in fcp x with p2. I use my panasonic HVX200

I go from Import from camera > open archive > select all the clips ( all clips play fine in here) > import > then I get a Import Failed box "the following clip encountered an error during import and is still referencing media on the camera: .... some clips import others get the import failed message

Further more i cant ever choose the share option, it all whited out.

thank you in advance for any insight.

James
Camera Operator/Production Tech

Return to posts index

andrew burke
Re: p2 in fcp x
on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:00:59 am

Hi James,

I've used Final Cut Pro X and P2 together recently. Although this isn't my normal combo. Here's what I've found:

1. FCPX loves 1080i/p footage
2. FCPX responds with one error message per card with 720p footage. Not solid.
3. FCPX almost doesn't recognize SD material anymore (for documentary archival footage, this is not fun). Any 480i footage seems to be automatically interploated + deinterlaced. 480p footage with Advanced Pulldown is a real shot in the dark, and recieves the same error message you get.

For your specific situation, remove your camera or camera archive. Some of your media will go offline. Fix the original media in another application. Re-import it, and all Share options should be there.

I keep a full version of Cinema Tools on hand, for the 5-10% of footage that needs advanced pulldown removal.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

I'm here because I'm not all there.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: p2 in fcp x
on Jan 24, 2013 at 8:31:03 pm

What if you were to use P2 cms application and then import? Would that be a smoother process?

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]