FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX2000 won't finish booting then won't turn off

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan DiCerb
HPX2000 won't finish booting then won't turn off
on Sep 14, 2012 at 2:36:54 am

I've had a problem recently that was intermittent, but now it has become permanent.

First time I had the issue I was using the HPX2000 fine until the battery was ready to be changed. Put new battery on, powered up and the viewfinder held on the initial status screen. Wouldn't access P2 cards and side monitor wouldn't turn on. So I tried turning camera off and it wouldn't turn off. Waited plenty of time and had to pull battery. Plugged battery right back in, turned power on and camera booted up perfectly fine.

This is how it happened this entire shoot every time I was ready to change battery. I couldn't power camera down and when I first put new battery on it held on status screen, reseat battery and everything boots fine.

Well now it's no longer intermittent. I can't get the recorder part of the camera to boot at all. It hangs on the status screen.

I can get into and control the menu, all of the camera controls on the side work (Gain, Bars, White Balance) but that's it.

I'm having trouble finding any decent search results for things I've tried searching for, so figured this is the best place to start. If anyone has any insight, please fire away...

Thanks,
BRyan

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: HPX2000 won't finish booting then won't turn off
on Sep 14, 2012 at 11:50:05 am

Did you try the reset button?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Bryan DiCerb
Re: HPX2000 won't finish booting then won't turn off
on Sep 14, 2012 at 4:42:47 pm

Initializing in the menu seems to have fixed it. I turned it on and off several times.

I'd just love to know what would cause somehow like that. Thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]