FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 AG-HPG20 hookup making me scratch my head...

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
P2 AG-HPG20 hookup making me scratch my head...
on Aug 16, 2012 at 9:23:35 pm

So, I download and install the p2 manager on my final cut 7 system, and I hook up the HPG20 external P2 player box unit... but no matter what I try, firewire or usb cables, the P2 manager app and the mac itself does not "see" the device, its like the box is never recognized by the apple tower. ( running snow leopard). P2 manager options are all grayed out, as is the FCp log and transfer window.

What am I missing? Did I miss saying a bruccha or something? The manuals are cryptic and the web site, byzantine. Can I get a dumbed-down step-by-step on hooking this thing up and pulling down clips? Anyone? Buehler? Anyone?

Return to posts index

Mark Walleman
Re: P2 AG-HPG20 hookup making me scratch my head...
on Aug 17, 2012 at 12:26:34 am

Go thought the menus on the HPG20 and make sure the external interface parameters are set correctly. Your deck might be in HOST mode on both the USB and the 1394. The manual is a rather simple read: ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/business/provideo/op_manuals/AG-HPG20...

Mark D. Walleman
Relay House Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 17, 2012 at 6:36:13 pm

We figured out that of all things, we weren't holding the second button down long enough to trigger the unit into changing modes. All is well now, works as it should, sometimes you develop a blind spot for the things right in front of you.

Still, I have to say its a clunky interface method when modern devices usually just show up on a desktop, soon as you connect a USB cable. Guess I'll get used to it.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Aug 18, 2012 at 9:15:08 pm

Hashem is looking down on you. A little Bruchas may help.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]