FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Good Mic for HPX370

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
A Good Mic for HPX370
on Jul 31, 2012 at 5:08:57 pm

Sup Yall,

I need a kick butt xlr mic to use with my HPX370 to get great sound for people who are speaking and aren't mic'd (random interviews in a crowd, quick soundbites). It's a pain to constantly be asking people to unbutton their shirt and put a lav on at big corporate events. Under a $1000 bucks por favor.

Lemme know what you guys do! And although I don't have a sound guy, I'd like a mic that I can eventually attach to a boom to use in corporate commercials etc. I just hate seeing Lav mics in all my shots!

Return to posts index

Scott Whitney
Re: A Good Mic for HPX370
on Jul 31, 2012 at 6:35:04 pm

Hi Terry...the Sennheiser 416 is a great shotgun microphone...I'd highly recommend it. I've used that microphone on everything from sports to EFP. It's never let me down.

Scott-

Scott Whitney
Whitney Media

Return to posts index

Terry Leahy
on Jul 31, 2012 at 7:46:14 pm

Go or go home I suppose!

Is this properly priced?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/422108-REG/Sennheiser_Ultimate_Shotgu...

Return to posts index

Scott Whitney
on Jul 31, 2012 at 7:50:51 pm

Yes it is. You could always try Ebay for something used.

Return to posts index

Bill Parsons
on Aug 1, 2012 at 12:23:38 pm

I use a Sennheiser, as well. I use the short shotgun; it is either the ME-62 or -64. These guys are only a couple of hundred bucks.

In addition to being an excellent mike for front sound, it also works very well to collect sound from a stage 100' away. I use a Rane mixer that I bungee to the tripod. It has terrific gain. I run the hpx250 gain to max, and control the volume from the mixer. You can hear a pin drop on the stage and the isolation from the side is excellent.

I bot mine on ebay for about $150. Great shopping place!

Regards,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]