FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX370 Lens Options

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
HPX370 Lens Options
on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:26:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I am looking to up the anti with my HPX370 in regards to it's stock lens. Question though, when I buy lenses I try and buy the best for length of use. Does it make more sense to buy a 2/3" lens that could be used should I ever upgrade to a 2/3" body (Like HPX500s next incarnation in a few years) and just use an adaptor? Or should I grab one of the 1/3" lenses. My HPX is often used as a go to cam for broadcast stuff and as the wide angle along side DSLRs for close ups when shooting interviews etc. Thoughts? Invest in 1/3'' or think long term with 2/3"?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: HPX370 Lens Options
on Jun 29, 2012 at 5:15:03 am

You do have a few options. The HPX-600 should be available next year. That would be a wise investment. In addition to AVC-intra, it will be AVC-Ultra and MicroP2 ready.

Personally buy what you need and use now, upgrade when time and money allow. In the long run, everything usually works out. Renting is always an option.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

John Stephens
Re: HPX370 Lens Options
on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:04:13 am

I own a 370 and for the money … I just love it. But better glass will always help any pro camera look even better.

But depending on the kind of work you do, chances are your clients will soon demand a look the 370 with its 1/3 chip just can’t deliver. I would not spend any more money on the 370 and start saving for the new 600 or whatever DSLR killer Panasonic will have to come out with.

At the time of release the 370 was a great idea. But today with all large imager choices, a 1/3 inch chip will no longer cut it when dealing with clients who want that 5D look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]