FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving a Partial span shot

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Jones
Saving a Partial span shot
on Jun 20, 2012 at 2:14:37 am

Yesterday we filmed a shot at the end of the day which turned out to be the best shot of the day.

The shot ended up being one of those shots where it started at the end of one P2 card and ended on beginning of the second P2 card.

We are shooting again on Friday and I need to clear out the P2 cards for new footage.

I've copied the CONTENTS and LASTCLIP.TXT from each P2 card into separate folders - and made 3 backups :)

But I'm not sure how to save the shot that spanned the 2 cards?

It's my first time dealing with a spanned P2 card shot.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Bill Parsons
Re: Saving a Partial span shot
on Jun 20, 2012 at 11:53:29 am

If you have saved the data from both cards, you're good.

If you want to feel good, go into your editor and view the spanned shot.

Return to posts index

Chris Jones
on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:26:12 pm

Thanks for and response.

Just so I understand how it works. Do the separate saved folders from each of the P2 cards have to both work together in some way?

I mean, is half the shot in one folder in and the other half in the other folder? Or when I saved the CONTENTS and LAST TEXT files to the computer did it join the second half of the clip to the first part?

Return to posts index

Bill Parsons
on Jun 20, 2012 at 5:12:59 pm

Chris, I use a P2 camera and Final Cut Pro.

FCP doesn't see the image files, so I have to Log and Transfer the data. FCP takes the same data and put a .mov wrapper around it (unfortunately, doubling the storage requirement, so I throw the projects away, later).

When the spanned files are read by the Transfer function, they are joined into a single entity.

I always check to see if I can play each of these segments before clearing the cards in the camera. The Transfer function allows me to play each section before I start the Transfer process. That is, I view the sections on the cards and Transfer them at a later date.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]