FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt .MXF File.... anyone care to take a look?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jo Goderstad
Corrupt .MXF File.... anyone care to take a look?
on Jun 4, 2012 at 11:17:11 am

I have been given some .mxf files that will not play... i encoded one of them into .flv file via adobe media encoder and its now playable with fully working audio but black screen... i don't know anything about this stuff but wondering if any of you can take a look at the file and see if its possible to rescue video.. thanks! Its not a very large file.. 27mb.

been doing some googling and trying to figure it out myself and ended up with a lot of threads on here. Im also on Windows 7 and most of the stuff that can fix this is MAC based?

file: http://www.4shared.com/file/UI68xZ8F/00018X00.html

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Corrupt .MXF File.... anyone care to take a look?
on Jun 5, 2012 at 3:34:25 am

MXF from a P2 camera? Did they give you the FULL card structure? Or just loose MXF files?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jo Goderstad
on Jun 5, 2012 at 10:29:26 am

yes from a P2 camera, and i actually downloaded the files myself from the camera.. do i need all the folders and stuff on there? if so, i can get that too. no problem.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 5, 2012 at 4:57:49 pm

You need all the folders and stuff. Everything. Most NLE's won't work if you just snag the subfolders. Make a new folder...name it...copy all the contents of the card to that folder.

I have a workflow tutorial on this:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

The whole process is for FCP 7...but the first 2-3 min pertains to backing up the card for ANY NLE.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]