FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 card clips seem damaged after import

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
britney wislow
P2 card clips seem damaged after import
on Jun 4, 2012 at 6:41:52 am

So, I have started using the p2 cards on my HVX and some clips seem to be corrupt after I import them into FCP. Viewing them off the camera, the clips seem fine, but then some of them play in FCP with normal audio speed and sped up video. The clips are out of sink and it seems like they might be skipping frames? But the audio is going at its normal playback rate, so it's cut off earlier than on the original clips.

I am needing to finish filling in the next 2 days and Im nervous I'll have an editing nightmare I'd I don't solve this issue!

Is this something that is fixible in post? Or could it be something happening during the actually shooting of the footage?

Thanks for any advice or guidance on figuring this out!

Best,

Britney

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: P2 card clips seem damaged after import
on Jun 4, 2012 at 8:01:47 pm

Britney,

It has been my experience that the folks that have issues are simply doing a drag and drop. This is not the best way as nothing is looking out for the data. So at the minimum use P2 Contents Manager, http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/sales_o/p2/cms/index.html to offload your data. There are other programs out there that offer more options like the ones from Imagine Products. Any program that is out there to protect the integrity of your data is definitely encouraged.

If the clips are fine on the camera, your suspect in transfer or the NLE. if you have protected the data on the transfer, then it is most likely somewhere in the NLE.

I hope this makes sense,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: P2 card clips seem damaged after import
on Jun 5, 2012 at 2:56:22 am

In Log and Transfer, Click on the Gear Box (Right Corner) and select Preferences. Make sure you select Remove Advanced Pulldown and Duplicate Frames.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]