FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupted P2 Transfer using a generator.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon Kohrs
Corrupted P2 Transfer using a generator.
on May 21, 2012 at 10:29:54 pm

Hey Folks,
I just got back from a 10 day shoot where we were using a generator. We were using a 3 card CF transfer drive using firewire 800. It is a big device borrowed from a friend, that requires external power(not buss powered). Our file transfers using this device were corrupted, which, due to the long hours, were only noticed on the 3rd day. After lots of trouble shooting we figured out that the fw800 transfer drive was corrupting our files, presumably because the generator was putting out noisy power to the drive's crappy power supply. The transfer drive works great using normal AC power, and subsequently our p2 cards transferred flawlessly with a buss powered card reader.
SO NOW we have 3 days worth of corrupted material that I'm trying to salvage. It has a pixel colored pattern every 2-3 seconds. Picture attached below. Is there any way to fix this with the header? Re assemble the images? Or any other suggestions to fix this? What about restoration companies?

Any advice/help would be a life saver. much thanks!

Return to posts index

jon Kohrs
Re: Corrupted P2 Transfer using a generator.
on May 25, 2012 at 10:14:57 am

bump/

any help? thx!

Return to posts index

jon Kohrs
on May 30, 2012 at 5:51:50 pm

in dire need of help. Anyone run into this before on a panasonic 4-bay reader? thanks!

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on May 30, 2012 at 6:38:23 pm

Not sure that you can fix this, but I would transfer the Contents folder back to the P2Card and see if the camera can fix it. I would say off hand though this is a long shot.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]