FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 clip won't transfer, ingest, or copy. Any ideas?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cully Gallagher
P2 clip won't transfer, ingest, or copy. Any ideas?
on May 15, 2012 at 5:23:56 pm

Hi all. I shot a speech on my HPX170, rolling continuously for an hour. 720/24PN. Copied the P2 card (Contents folder and Lastclip.txt) to my laptop. When I tried to copy to an external drive for backup, an error message said one of the MXF files can't be read or written. This particular file is one of several spanned clips, about in the middle of the speech. In FCP7 Log & Transfer, all the files transferred fine except this one. This clip plays fine in the L&T preview window, but when transferring it gets a general red stop sign error signal after the progress bar goes about a fifth of the way. On my target disc, the MOV is just over 2 minutes instead of the full 12+ of a spanned clip. In P2CMS the clip also plays fine, but when I try to ingest it gives be the "bounced back" error message. I also tried using P2CMS to export back to my P2 card in the hopes of using my camera's Repair Clip function, but got the same error message: "It failed to copy a file. It rolled back."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cully

Return to posts index

Cully Gallagher
Re: P2 clip won't transfer, ingest, or copy. Any ideas?
on May 16, 2012 at 11:30:31 pm

OK, crisis over. I dragged the bad MXF file onto an FCP timeline and was able to work with it there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]