FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 not recording

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Long
HVX200 not recording
on Feb 22, 2012 at 9:46:08 pm

I think my problem started with a jiggled fire wire which stopped my download. After getting everything shut down and restarted my Mac would not recognize my P2 cards. After much fussing around with Drivers, and still not seeing the P2 card via Fire Wire, I attached through USB and the No Name hd showed up. All seemed good until I tried to record. The camera won't record. All I get is a message "External 1394 disconnect"
Pretty scared right now, anyone have an answer?
Thank you
Jim

Return to posts index

Jim Long
Re: HVX200 not recording
on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:26:45 am

Okay, I fixed the not recording problem by going to Menu-->Other-->1394 control-->Off
But I still cannot get the P2 card to mount on the desktop through the fire wire.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:58:32 am

If you are on a Mac, this is normal. Connect via USB.

Firewire port is good for capturing and printing back to dv.
...and recording to FS100.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Jim Long
on Feb 23, 2012 at 8:06:59 am

Thanks for the reassurance, Steve. I've been using Firewire for years to mount the P2 Cards. Too have it suddenly quit like it did was very disconcerting. I have plugged in via USB and the cards do show up as No Name. Also, using the Host feature I was able to push video over to a remote hard drive using the firewire. I wonder why after an aborted transfer the P2 cards would not work. Could a loose cable which was the probable cause of the down load stopping have shorted out something?
Appreciate your help,
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]