FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where can I find a HPX170 Driver for Lion?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
becky levitt
Where can I find a HPX170 Driver for Lion?
on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:13:57 am

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting in this forum. I'm new to shooting and just purchased an HPX-170 for a time-sensitive project I'm producing in Taiwan right now. When I went to install the driver on my computer, there was not an option for Lion. I've searched the Panasonic site and this forum for clues to no avail. Does anyone know where I can get a driver for the Lion operating system?

I was also hoping to ingest the P2 footage directly to an external G drive, however I'm unsure how to format that drive.

Any suggestions for both of the questions are much appreciated!! Thanks in advance. I'm grateful to have this community as I embark on this somewhat frustrating technological adventure.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Where can I find a HPX170 Driver for Lion?
on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:28:29 pm

http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/support/software.asp

Click on P2 driver. Accept and scroll all the way to the bottom. Click on the small print for Mac.

I would not recommend offloading your P2 cards directly to a hard drive. Get yourself a P2 card reader (PCD2). Use ShotPut Pro from Imagine Products to help offload your cards to your hard drive. I believe in doing the the right way. This protects you and you client if something goes wrong.

Check out this tutorial:
http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

becky levitt
on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:13:20 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm already in Taiwan and too broke to purchase a card reader at the moment...will get one next paycheck.
Would you recommend ingesting my footage into my macbook pro and then transfer it to my external hard drive?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 8, 2012 at 5:11:11 pm

Before you ingest any of your footage into your computer, back it up. I repeat, back up your P2 cards to 2 different hard drives. These are your tape masters. Do not use your QuickTime files as your back up. Use the original data on the P2 cards. They hold much more metadata than the QT files.

Use your camera as the P2 card reader. Connect via USB. The program I mentioned above, ShotPutPro will make the offload process a breeze. Well worth the $99.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]