FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX-3000 battery power issues

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Quirino
HPX-3000 battery power issues
on Feb 5, 2012 at 3:45:35 am

Hello, I am shooting on a HPX-3000 P2 camera. I have an Anton Bauer back. I shoot with Anton bauer hytron 120's and 140's. It seems like that camera just eats through those batteries like crazy. I am lucky to get 30 minutes from each of them. When I look at the battery, the LCD screen shows and hour and a half remaining. In the menu I do not see Hytron 120 listed could that be the problem? Is there a setting I should switch? Is that common or is there something wrong with my camera and batteries. Most of my batteries have roughly 150 cycles so I am not sure if it is the batteries. I am tied of wearing a backpack with 4 large bricks just to go handheld for an hour or two. thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
Re: HPX-3000 battery power issues
on Feb 6, 2012 at 4:00:50 am

Does the camera actually shut down at 30 minutes or are you changing when you get the battery warning display?

If the latter, make sure the proper battery type is selected in the menus as well as voltage threshold.

HPX3000/3700 cameras are pretty power intensive, especially when shooting in AVC-Intra 100. If the batteries are a few years old, that might be all you can get on run time.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: HPX-3000 battery power issues
on Feb 6, 2012 at 4:03:25 am

How old are your batteries? A/B rates them to 3 years. Do you keep your batteries on the charger when not in use? A/B recommends this. How many watts do you put out? Camera, light and LCD.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]