FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing HVX200 HD files in Adobe Premiere Elements 10

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leslie Phillips
Editing HVX200 HD files in Adobe Premiere Elements 10
on Jan 25, 2012 at 6:30:22 pm

I have a HVX200 and I am wanting to record record directly to a PC through the firewire. I am looking at buying Adobe Premiere Elements 10 to capture and edit this video.
Is is this simple or am I missing something? I'm new to this and just want to know which way to go.
Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Editing HVX200 HD files in Adobe Premiere Elements 10
on Jan 25, 2012 at 8:25:54 pm

Well, there's that whole thing about a Firewire connection not being an HD Video Out that might stop you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Leslie Phillips
on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:37:34 pm

So, I cant use the firewire? So do I capture using the DV tape and then transfer using the firewire? And then after I get it to the PC....I zhould not have any problems editing the video in Adobe Premiere Elements? I appreciate ur help

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:02:43 pm

I know just enough to be dangerous, so if I get something wrong, someone please chime in and correct me.

First of all, transfer via Firewire won't work with a PC. You'll have to go USB. Premiere Pro reads P2 files natively, that is, no transcoding. Does Elements also read natively? If so, treat your P2 files as you would any computer data. But I really suggest using P2 Viewer, software designed for getting footage off the camera and into the computer. It's free and available for download from Panasonic. Not sure if it will transcode, which brings me to my last point.

If Elements does not read P2 natively, then you'll need to transcode. Someone else will have to help you with that because I use PPro and don't have to transcode.

Wahtever you do, DO NOT mess with the folder and file structure on the P2 cards. Do not delete anything, do not change any file's or folder's name. Doing so will render your data unusable.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:03:41 pm

Normally, the edit application has a way to capture the video. I've never even seen Premiere elements, much less use it. However, I bet you'll find the answer in the manual......

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]