FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX 300 Shooting LCD Monnitor

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Vogt
HPX 300 Shooting LCD Monnitor
on Jan 19, 2012 at 10:15:29 pm

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm shooting an over the shoulder training of how to use a software program on an LCD monitor with my HPX 300. I have adjusted the syncro-scan so that the rolling horizontal line disapears but when I'm in for tighter shots and completely focused I get this bright diagonal pattern. Also when panning on the screen I get white flair ups. Any ideas?

Jerry

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
Re: HPX 300 Shooting LCD Monnitor
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:15:03 pm

Could this maybe be the exposure zebras?

Return to posts index

Jerry Vogt
on Jan 20, 2012 at 12:56:15 am

Tom,

Just checked my settings, zebra was off but when I close my iris down to 5.6, I can completely focus to peak without getting that group of diagional lines. Now all I get is a moire like patten in brighter area's of the screen when I pan.
I will change the background to a solid dark color and that should help.

I realise that programs like Camtasia could do a better job but this is a short demo and don't want to spend the $300.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:26:27 pm

Are you viewing the footage proper after the shoot?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jerry Vogt
on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:33:19 pm

I'm viewing the image on my camera's lcd screen, have not recorded anything yet. This morning I tried shooting a laptop and found that the iris needed to be opened more, and once again I see these flashes of light on the camera's lcd screen with thin diagonal lines.

I checked that my lens mount was secure. I also tried to shoot from a slight angle but the problem is still there.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:35:37 pm

You need a high-end large field monitor connected via SDI OR
View footage in edit suite connected to a Video monitor to judge. Don't judge what you see in the Cam LCD.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jerry Vogt
on Jan 20, 2012 at 3:37:40 pm

I will record some footage and import into FCP later today. Will post results.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:59:34 pm

You mentioned Camtasia being out of your budget for this project. They do have a trial download, I believe.

I use Camtasia quite a bit. Works great.

Return to posts index

Jerry Vogt
on Jan 20, 2012 at 10:05:47 pm

I recorded the computer screen this afternoon, which is a Samsung Synk Master 26". Recorded in DVCPRO-50 60i and imported into FCP. Same problems as I saw on the on camera lcd. So I went in and changed the peaking setting to -7 which should have nothing to do with the recording but it did seem a little better. Then tried AVC-Intra 720p and I can still see line patterns all over the place.

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on Jan 21, 2012 at 6:16:24 pm

ScreenFlow from Telestream is only $99. We use it for computer demos all the time. Works great with FCP for editing. Has l

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.
http://www.ambidextrous.net

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on Jan 21, 2012 at 6:18:28 pm

ScreenFlow from Telestream is only $99. Would that be in your budget? We use it for computer demos all the time. Works great with FCP for editing. Has lots of great features for zoom control and mark ups.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.
http://www.ambidextrous.net

Return to posts index

Jerry Vogt
on Jan 22, 2012 at 9:18:11 pm

Michael,

I will check it out right away. Yes that price would be do-able and would be a cleaner image than I can get with this camera.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]