FORUMS: list search recent posts

Streaming a signal from the HVX 200 to a macbook running Lion?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Burrows
Streaming a signal from the HVX 200 to a macbook running Lion?
on Jan 14, 2012 at 3:00:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I've had my HVX 200 for a few years now but I've never streamed live video via 1394 Firewire through a macbook. Suddenly I have an event I'd like to broadcast. However, I can't seem to get my macbook to recognize the camera at all. I'm running lion on an older 2Ghz intel core 2 duo.

Can I stream HD? Does it have to be SD? I can figure all of that out by tinkering but I'm stumped that I can't even get the macbook to recognize the camera at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane! And I'm tricking her out all over this town.

Return to posts index

Matt Burrows
UPDATE - Re: Streaming a signal from the HVX 200 to a macbook running Lion?
on Jan 14, 2012 at 4:03:44 pm

OKay. The macbook was recognizing the camera all along. What I discovered was this…

The particular website I need to stream an HD signal to requires the use of Adobe Live Flash Encoder using a frame size of 640 x 480. That confuses me right out of the gate. How do you stream an HD signal at 640 x 480??? Could it be that the website is confusing HD with HQ? Or could it be that I'm confusing screen dimensions with number of pixels? Is there a difference? I know just enough about this stuff to screw everything up.

So again, how do you stream an HD signal at 640 x 480? I just don't get it.

The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane! And I'm tricking her out all over this town.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: UPDATE - Re: Streaming a signal from the HVX 200 to a macbook running Lion?
on Jan 18, 2012 at 2:00:57 am

That'd be a question for an Adobe forum. That or perhaps try a different app for the live streaming. Doesn't USTREAM have this sort of function built right in for example?

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]