FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Formatter and OSX Lion

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Larsen
P2 Formatter and OSX Lion
on Jan 12, 2012 at 4:15:09 pm

Hello world,

I have a client that just upgraded two suites with new 12-core Macs, joyously (sarcasm) firmware locked to OS X Lion which has created lots of fun issues and hurdles for us in migrating the older MacPros over. One such painful hurdle is the Panasonic P2 drivers. Both rooms have an AJ-PCD20 P2 card reader. We've downloaded and installed the Lion drivers and firmware off of the Panasonic site and the cards mount just fine on the desktop of each machine, but the P2 Formatter software doesn't see any of the cards. So tired of this situation which has occurred many times with OS X upgrades over the years. Both card readers are connected via firewire 800 directly into the FW800 port on the MacPro. Anything we should be aware of?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: P2 Formatter and OSX Lion
on Jan 12, 2012 at 6:13:39 pm

Problem is more likely with the utility from Panasonic not having been fully updated for Lion yet.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Keith Larsen
on Jan 12, 2012 at 9:00:31 pm

Hey there Noah! That's the frustrating part, we have the newest Panny drivers that are listed as "Lion" drivers
https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/macp...

And no go on the formatting app...

-Keith

Return to posts index

Chris Phillips
on Mar 13, 2012 at 9:25:06 pm

Are you using USB2 or 1394b? On both Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion) the P2 Formatter application does not recognize the cards when I have the PCD20 connected via USB2. But it works fine when I have it connected via 1394b. Also, when connected via USB2, the cards show up on the desktop with generic icons. When connected via 1394b, the cards have a P2 icon with the number indicating which slot they are in. Since there is no speed advantage on the PCD20 when using Firewire, I was anticipating setting up a station where it is connected with USB2... however, USB2 doesn't appear to be fully supported.

I have the same issue on a Mac mini running 10.7 and a Mac Pro running 10.6. Anyone else experiencing this?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 12, 2012 at 8:54:27 pm

[Keith Larsen] "I have a client that just upgraded two suites with new 12-core Macs, joyously (sarcasm) firmware locked to OS X Lion which has created lots of fun issues and hurdles for us in migrating the older MacPros over."

You cannot do a fresh install of Snow Leopard to a new MacPro easily, though, you are correct there. You can however, run Snow Leopard from a clone.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Helmut Kobler
on Feb 2, 2012 at 7:20:04 pm

I just upgraded my Mac Pro to Lion and the P2 Formatter works fine for me. I'm using a PCIe-based PCD35 card reader. I think your problem may be that Panasonic's drivers have an issue in Lion with older card readers. Check the P2 site (panasonic.com/p2) and you should find some info.

-------------------
Documentary Camera in Los Angeles
http://www.lacameraman.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]