FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with HPX250 and USB host mode

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Motta
Problems with HPX250 and USB host mode
on Dec 30, 2011 at 12:36:08 am

I tried to hook up my external HD to my HPX250 this morning and although it was recognised, I could not copy any clips to it. It was spun up and the HD icon at the top of the screen was red.

I tried to format the drive with the camera, but I was not given that option under the menu settings. Seems I could only format the P2 cards and SD card. Thinking it was the drive I tried two others, both bus and A/C powered with the same results. I also tried to format my "field" drive on my mac as HFS+, FAT32, and ExFAT, all with the same results on the camera. I did try a second drive by a different manufacturer, same issues.

The drive I was trying to use and would like to use if possible is a LaCie 500GB Rugged.

Well this is a major bummer, any ideas?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Problems with HPX250 and USB host mode
on Dec 30, 2011 at 1:50:58 am

Instead of copying directly to the hard drive, if at all possible, connect your drive and Camera to a computer.

Check ShotPut Pro from Imagine Products. This will offload P2 cards in a safe and efficient manner.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Jim Motta
on Dec 30, 2011 at 1:25:27 pm

I do do that once I get home, but I was looking for an option to dump cards when I'm in the field, and sometimes I don't always bring a computer with me anyway.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Dec 30, 2011 at 6:23:10 pm

This is done with a 370, but might help:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?237465-P2-Data-copy-to-Hard-Drive-...

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jim Motta
on Dec 31, 2011 at 11:20:48 pm

Thanks, but the problem is that my camera is not allowing me to format my HD at all. It recognises it as being there, but I can't do anything after that.

Return to posts index

geo ado
on Jan 21, 2012 at 10:08:24 am

hi everybody,
I've panasonic hpx-171 and i think about purchasing the new hpx 250.
What do u believe??? It's worth or not? is for sure that there is a back focus problem? thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]