FORUMS: list search recent posts

PCD35 - P2 card formatting vrs delete

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
PCD35 - P2 card formatting vrs delete
on Dec 20, 2011 at 5:40:24 pm

We just got the PCD35 - 5 card P2 reader and plugged it into our Mac Pro... Yehhh no more Adaptec single card reader....

But, It would be nice to download cards and then later reformat-rename-etc the card for the next shoot.

P2CMS from Panasonic only allows you to delete the files on the cards but not reformat them. Shot Put Pro has an auto formatter after download, but not just a format program you can use at a later date.

I just want to reformat, rename (and re-meta data) each card in the PCD35... is this possible?

Do you need to reformat the card each time it is used??? Does Just delete files from previous shoot guarantee that the card is trouble free as it would be if reformatted.

Right now we are putting the card back in the camera to reformat, taking it back out, putting it in the PCD35 to name it, putting it back in the camera and using a SD card to add meta-data.. Too many, way too many insertions in and out of cameras and PCD35...

Any better workflows???

Thanks Nate

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: PCD35 - P2 card formatting vrs delete
on Dec 20, 2011 at 10:54:46 pm

The PCD-35 is a great reader. I hope you are getting fast downloads. I went from 45 minutes (single card usb) to 18 min for a full 64GB.

Download P2Formatter and you will be able to reformat and give your P2 cards a unique name.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved