FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX170 P2HD Glitching problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Brown
HPX170 P2HD Glitching problem
on Nov 30, 2011 at 11:18:16 pm

We have recently upgraded our camera to the HPX170 P2HD and the qualty is amazing for those of us who are finally moving to digital camera's The first three weeks I had great results and then suddenly there is a glitching in filming process. It seems to only happen when we are panning as the speaker walks but I have checked the tripod to ensure there are no problems with it. The glitch is not post production as we thought at first we had not de interlaced. Remember we are still new to this so maybe something as simple as the wrong setting. Has anyone else had this issue? Tell me what settings you need to know about and Ill post them. Thanks for all the help. By the way I love this website.
Thanks Brian

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: HPX170 P2HD Glitching problem
on Nov 30, 2011 at 11:41:22 pm

Format specs the footage was shot?
How are you viewing the footage on playback?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Brian Brown
on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:14:25 pm

Sorry Chris I had to work out of the office yesterday. I am filming in 720x480 at 29 frames per second. Data rate 6124kbps total bitrate 6380 KBPS. I believe thtat I may be dropping frames due to the frame rate being low. I am doing a multiple camera line production on Sony Vegas and two of my cameras are old canon xlr1 and my third is a HD sony. THis is why I am not yet in 1080 but we are working that way. Do you think changing my frame rate will help.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:52:48 pm

Create a DV NTSC sequence. Did you shoot 480/60i or 480/30p? If it is 30p, then the strobe on pans is normal. Nothing you can do about it.

[Brian Brown] "Data rate 6124kbps total bitrate 6380 KBPS. I believe thtat I may be dropping frames due to the frame rate being low"

Something is not right in your workflow. Once again, edit in DV NTSC.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]