FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Card readers Update

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
P2 Card readers Update
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:20:16 pm

P2 Junkies, I got a new gig shooting a bunch of P2. My Adaptec reader is just not keeping up.

So I am looking for the best multi-P2 card reader, what is the answer? From my web search the firewire 800 version AJ-PCD20 has been discontinued. The AJ-PCD35 needs the big Mac Pro to install a card that
plugs into the AJ-PCD35. Is there a PC Express 34 card adapter that could also work with PCD35 and my laptop?

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: P2 Card readers Update
on Nov 21, 2011 at 7:51:08 pm

There are a couple that work. You can use the PCIe adapter that goes with the Matrox MXO 2 and Magma makes one.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Helmut Kobler
on Nov 21, 2011 at 8:26:09 pm

Panasonic makes a 3 card reader that uses USB3, if you have that connection.

Documentary Camera in Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on Nov 25, 2011 at 10:42:20 pm

I'm a recent convert and fan of the Sonnet QIO.
It uses a PCIe Express34 card for use with my laptop.
I like the QIO because it's card format agnostic. I can use it with SxS, SD, P2, and CF. The only speed throttle is the relatively slow offload speeds offered up via the P2 cards in comparison to other card formats.
It allows me to expand my FW bus and use USB 3.0 drives with my Mac laptop via Sonnet's express card adapters.
Shooting with RED is a breeze to deal with to due to the 4 eSata ports that allow me to connect RED station to multiple eSata drives. Offload speeds are great.
The downside is it looks a bit messy with all the cables sprouting everywhere, and you have to mindful of connection routines.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Nov 26, 2011 at 10:33:47 pm

I second the QIO. It's never let us down on a shoot.

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved