FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Offline - lost section of clip

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Bond
Media Offline - lost section of clip
on Oct 24, 2011 at 11:13:04 am

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I filmed something the other day on one of our P2 cameras.

I used 2 cards, and as it was a conference it looks as though the longest part of the filming went accross both cards, ie the end of one through to the beginning of the next one.

I copied the cards onto a hard drive and edited with them using Avid Media Composer 5.

I then needed to move the files to another part of the same raid, I know I should have copied them but I moved them.

Now when I open up the edit, the longest clip (which is spread accross the cards) has a 5 minute Media Offline segment in the middle of the clip - the audio is there but the vision is not.

Any ideas how I can retrieve the missing vision?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Media Offline - lost section of clip
on Oct 24, 2011 at 12:51:18 pm

Move or rename the original folder.

In Avid, relink, point to the intended use files.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Alex Bond
on Oct 24, 2011 at 2:39:46 pm

Thanks, I've given this a go and still no joy

Best

Alex

Return to posts index

Dale Kruzic
on Jan 18, 2012 at 11:20:35 pm

Hello,

Was there ever any resolve with this issue? I'm working with a clip that's doing the same thing - media offline at 5 minutes with audio still present .. although it plays back fine in the camera. Very strange. Please let me know if you figured something out. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex Bond
on Jan 19, 2012 at 8:59:06 am

Hi there,

I'm afraid the clip had gone - something got corrupted during the file transfer and as I was moving not copying there was no backup so I gambled and lost!

I had an FLV of the lost section and converted it back to QT, then imported it back into Avid to fill the gap, not ideal at all but the only solution in the end.

If it's playing ok in the camera you could try copying it again (I expect you've tried that already) or how about using P2 viewer to watch it through the camera, then set up a new virtual P2 card and use P2 viewer to copy the file into that - again, you may have tried that.

Hope that helps.

Best

A.

Return to posts index

Dale Kruzic
on Jan 20, 2012 at 6:18:43 pm

Hello,

Thanks so much for your advice. I'll pass it along to the person who asked me for help with this clip. Sounds like a Panasonic rep is going to follow-up with Avid. I'll let you know if they shed any light on this problem.

Best,
Dale

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]