FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 files going straight to FLV (Flash)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Peacock
P2 files going straight to FLV (Flash)
on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:09:29 am

I'm encountering errors when importing a 38 minute PAL P2 clip (SD). It won't ingest using either P2CMS or Final Cut. Given that I'm only doing this in order to convert the video to FLV, am I on the right track?

Or should I be bypassing FCP altogether for this. There is no editing to be done, just the file conversion.

I've tried the HPX-500 in host mode, and then again as playback, using Log and Capture - neither one works.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: P2 files going straight to FLV (Flash)
on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:05:23 pm

Well you have to get it on the comp to convert.
What happens when you are using P2CMS to transfer the card media onto the comp?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Grant Peacock
Re: P2 files going straight to FLV (Flash)
on Oct 23, 2011 at 3:07:56 pm

Thanks Chris. I got this figured out in the end. I set my HPG-20 to PAL, and used it to copy the clips down onto a freshly formatted P2 card.

Setting up for the shoot, under very rushed circumstances, I had caused problems by leaving some cards in the camera with NTSC footage on them.

Then had swapped the camera system over to PAL, and I THOUGHT I had chosen a freshly formatted P2 card on which to record the new PAL footage.

New rule : don't leave partially recorded cards in the camera! I ended up with a card that had mixed PAL and NTSC clips on it - not a recipe for success.

It seems that this error should not have caused problems, but I suspect that it did.

Grant.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]