FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX250 viewfinder/monitor

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
HPX250 viewfinder/monitor
on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:02:03 pm

Just got in the new HPX250 and am running it through its paces. The first thing that I noticed was missing was the ability to see images through the viewfinder & the LCD monitor at the same time. On the 200 and others there was a menu selection (power something ?) that allowed this, but the manual (pg 6) seem to indicate on the 250 this is not possible. On these little cameras being able to have both viewfinder & LCD on at the same time was very very useful! Hopefully, this is a function that can easily be remedied w/ a update.

Any insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
Re: HPX250 viewfinder/monitor
on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:51:48 pm

Sometimes you just have to get to the end of the manual to figure somethings out;-). To view both the viewfinder and the LCD at the same time you need to go to the Output Sel menu and turn off the SDI out. Then go to the display setup and change the EVF mode from auto to ON. BTW, this does mean that you can't feed a signal to an external SDI monitor, the viewfinder & the LCD at the same time. I'm sure there will be some instances where you would want to do that, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
on Oct 15, 2011 at 3:33:35 am

Yes, the AF100 is the same. I don't remember this being the case with the HPX170, which has HD-SDI out.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 15, 2011 at 5:27:24 am

I'm jealous Jim!!!

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Heather Brown
on Oct 18, 2011 at 2:41:28 pm

I have found the frustrating problem. I usually shoot going back and forth between the two. Anyone else find a solution?

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
on Oct 18, 2011 at 3:38:18 pm

The solutions I can think of would be to turn off HD-SDI output or buy an EVF that works with HDMI.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

Heather Brown
on Oct 18, 2011 at 6:15:01 pm

Great, I looked in the manual, but missed that. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]