FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2 driver erased my data

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
p2 driver erased my data
on Sep 30, 2011 at 7:24:47 pm

So one of my macs died today. I had media on the drives that I was working on. But I still had the media on my P2 cards. So I went to another one of our macs, installed the p2 driver software and thought that I could log and transfer with no problems.

Unfortunately, when I mounted my 4 p2 cards, it only recognized 3 of the 4 and it erased my media on the cards. WTF? Has this happened to anyone else? Did i not do the proper protocol?

I am running 10.6.8

here's the link where I downloaded the driver

https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/macp...

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: p2 driver erased my data
on Sep 30, 2011 at 8:13:58 pm

Hi,

Not sure what happened to your data, but it would be odd that the Drivers erased it. But before you do any thing else contact the Panasonic Service Center in NJ and they should be able to help you recover what was on your card. Do not do any thing else with it. Lock the card. Of course this assumes you are a US person, if not contact panasonic in your country of origin.

And for the future it is always good practice to lock your cards before putting them into any computer.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 1, 2011 at 1:50:04 pm

Highly unlikely the software deleted the card. I'll take a wild guess it was accidentally reformatted.

[Sam Lesante Jr.] "So one of my macs died today. I had media on the drives that I was working on"

Did you have a hard drive crash? If not, the data is still on your hard drive. You can mount the drive with a variety of external enclosures. The NewerTech Voyager from OWC is a good one to look at.

If you did have a hard drive crash, DiskWarrior is a great solution.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Sam Lesante Jr.
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:37:56 pm

Thanks Jan and Steve.

I did call Panasonic in NJ but got their voicemail. I will try again. I'm not sure what the heck the driver did to the cards. When I put the cards back in the camera to playback, it just says error on all the cards. So I'm not even sure if the driver reformatted or not.

As far as the hard drive, I have the computer at the local Mac "genius" bar for diagnostics. So I will find out hopefully this week what's up with the computer. I do back up all my videos. It just so happens that I did not back this show up cause I still had it on the P2 cards :( but fortunately, the hosts of the show can re-shoot the show this week :)

Thanks again for your posts.

Sam

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:30:05 pm

If your clips are defective, they will have a yellow or red X in the upper right hand corner. You will see this if you place the cards in the camera and switch to thumbnail mode.

In Operation Menu, move the cursor to the defective clip/s and press the SET button to select. Scroll down to Repair Clip and press the SET button.

This only works in the camera.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]