FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Can this be done?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angel Nunez
on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:38:18 pm

This is what I want to do: Record analog video via BNC/XLR connections onto the P2 cards of my HVX200.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Sep 22, 2011 at 6:37:36 pm

The HVX-200 does NOT have any A/V INPUTS. So no, it is not possible.

The HPG-10 (firewire), HPG-20 (firewire and HD/SD-SDI), HPM-200, HPD24 can record to P2 cards.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Angel Nunez
on Sep 22, 2011 at 7:03:29 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Steve! I checked out all those decks. They range in price from $3K to $16K. Basically, I'm checking this out for a third-party who has limited resources, but I've been tasked with helping her find a cost-effective way to do her job.

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Sep 22, 2011 at 8:52:23 pm

I used to bridge analog/digital with a handy-cam that handled the AV input, firewired to my computer, capturing in any video software.

Return to posts index

Bruce Barker
on Mar 28, 2014 at 7:10:12 pm

A little addendum to this thread, many years after the fact. :-) Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the question, the HVX200 actually DOES have A/V inputs. You can't use the XLR audio connectors; you must instead use the RCA jacks for both video and audio. These jacks are even labeled "in/out", which helps provide a clue as to this particular capability.

Set the camera to Tape mode (recording an A/V signal to P2 cards isn't allowed), and cycle the Mode button (just under the Scene File dial) to MCR-VCR. The HVX200 now "sees" whatever video and audio are being fed into the RCA A/V inputs. Now just make sure you have a tape in the drive, and using the camera's remote control--yes, the remote--hit Play and Record simultaneously. The HVX200 is now recording the source.

You can't control the audio input levels; whatever the camera receives is what it records. I believe a variation of this setup also allows pass-through to the HVX200's FireWire cable as well, although I've not tried it.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]